Less Electricity Usage
- Air conditioners consume only a small proportion of the electricity consumed by a comparable refrigerated system. A Breezair Icon series air conditioner uses up to 90% less electricity than refrigerated units and up to 40% less than conventional ducted air conditioning systems.
- Therefore less fossil fuels like coal and natural gas will be consumed in the production of electricity and less electricity generation infrastructure will be required.
Lower Peak Energy usage
- means lower wiring costs, potentially useable with solar energy and less requirement for additional power stations.
No Production Of CFCs Or HFCs
- Air conditioning systems contain no harmful synthetic refrigerants. Many of the gases used in refrigerated air conditioning are potent greenhouse gases like hydrofluorocarbons or chlorofluorocarbons which deplete the ozone layer.
Less Green Houses Gas Production
- Carbon Dioxide (CO2) emissions are many times less with evaporative air conditioners compared with refrigerated alternatives. Carbon Dioxide is by far the main greenhouse gas.